Happy

I've been meaning to capture and post some of Addie's animal sounds and words. Here are just a few I finally got on video.

It seems more than ever she is really growing in the language department. Just last week we were reading a book about different babies and we talked about the 'happy' baby and that's when Addie said, 'ha-ppy.' It was one of those moments where I wasn't sure she really meant to say it, but she continued repeating it after me, even when Kevin came in to listen.
I had another proud Mama moment this Sunday when she was in the laundry room with me. She loves to help me close the door, push the 'start' button, and watch the wash spin around. I wasn't quite ready to close the door yet, and I asked her to bring me her sleep-sack that was laying on her high chair in the dining room. I was simply chatting it up with her and not really expecting her to comprehend what I was asking and then actually do it, but sure enough she did!
I gave her the biggest hug and fought back tears when she came toddling over to me with her sleep-sack. She could've cared less how proud I was in that moment. She just wanted me to hurry up and put it in the washer so she could close the door, push the 'start' button and watch it spin.

1 comment:

The Linnets said...

Wow! That's awesome! Good pronunciation Addie!