A Mama's Day

This morning I was greeted by my sweet baby girl and my thoughtful husband with cards and gifts. After our relaxing morning, we decided to head to the Dixon May Fair.
We saw the farm animals, rode on a train, ate some garlic fries, and rode on the carousel. It was a good day.
Words cannot express the honor and gratitude I feel for being a mom.

Addelyn loves to point to the necklace I'm wearing and say, "Mama's necklace." I reply with, "What's on my necklace?" and she says, "A for Addelyn." Makes my heart melt everytime.
Addie was a little nervous around the piggies today.
She loved the bunnies though and would say very loudly, "HELLO BUNNY!" We would giggle and tell her..."we think the bunny can hear you, just look at those big ears."
She loved the chickens too and we noticed a few had laid eggs, which reminded Kevin and I of our hope to one day have our own chicken coupe and fresh farm eggs. Okay maybe not "farm" eggs.
I wish I could have recorded her rooster sounds.
Our day would not have been complete without some cows. Addie asks just about every other day to put on her cow costume. She still loves to run around the house making the cow bell jingle. But sadly, I think the cow bell has gone missing...hmmm.
Nice angle on the goat. Sorry.
We ended the animal section with the crazy sheep, that were probably very ready to go home.
Diaper wedgie!
On the train with daddy...
And Mama.

1 comment:

pam baker said...

I love these pictures of my beautiful nieces and my handsome nephew! The animal shots are cute, too.