half birthday


If Liam had been a girl, his middle name would have been Joy (after my Auntie Pam) and I can't think of a better word for him. I know it might be cliche, but he absolutely brings so much joy to our family. If it weren't such a feminine name, I might have to give him a second middle name. He would be Liam James Joy Widmer!

In no particular order, here are some ways this six month old brings his Mama joy..
  • the little swirl pattern on the left side of his hairline
  • his ease to smile and giggle
  • the new high-pitch yoddle he makes
  • his round face, the shape of his eyes, his button nose and red hair
  • the fact that he shares all of these features with his sister
  • how trees and their leaves blowing in the breeze still catch his attention and mesmorize him
  • the sounds, not cries, he makes after he wakes up from a nap and is ready for me to come and get him
  • carrying him around in the pack and kissing the top of his head
  • how he grabs his toes and gets them in his mouth
  • the fact that he still has no teeth!
  • how easily he falls asleep on car rides
  • how he giggles at me when I say "mama" in a low voice
At Liam's six month check up he was 28.5 inches long (94th) and 19.12 pounds (70th).

No comments: