back at it

For the last couple of years, Kevin has saved up enough vacation time to take off the two week winter break with me. I have to admit as nice as this sounds, it's not always that peachy. We picked at each other, got on each other's nerves, went through little bouts of the blues, with no where to be and nothing to do. 
But through these two weeks of "vacation," I realized a couple of things. Number one, my husband should probably go back to work on January 2nd. And number two, I'm so, so grateful that we HAVE jobs, especially Kevin. He gets such a sense of pride and purpose each morning when he wakes up and heads to work. Even me, the one who's dreamed of being a stay-at-home mom, was thrilled to get out, get dressed and see some students, fire off some emails and prepare for the rest of the school year. Most of all, I'm grateful that with our jobs, comes a great deal of flexibility. I love that we can juggle and balance our careers with raising our kids.

I have no relevant pictures for this post, but of course I have pictures of what did make the two weeks off, all worth it...our kids.




No comments: