a little getaway to monterey

The kids had the entire week off of school, so we tagged along with daddy on a trip over to Monterey and Santa Cruz. Here's a collection of iphone pics and big camera pics of our memories!
Just outside our hotel room before we headed to a good dinner in downtown Monterey. 
Getting in a little hotel pool swimming!

At the Seymour Marine Discovery Center. Last year, we had gone to the Monterey Bay Aquarium, but this place, although a fraction of the size, was fantastic! The volunteers were so enthusiastic, hands-on, and good to my kids.

Addie and Liam were all into crossing off the sea life on the scavenger hunt.


Our brave girl petting a shark!




Liam even did a little touching! So proud of him. He's usually super creeped out. 
Next, we were headed to the beach! We grabbed a yummy deli lunch and ate and played. Addie told me that morning, "Mom I just couldn't sleep last night because I was so excited for the beach!"


I tried oh so hard to be one of those super chill Santa Cruz mamas as I watched him jump off this rock but it just never sat right with me. He could have jumped off that rock all day and was not too happy with me when I said, "let's go build a sand castle!" Sorry buddy, I'm one of "those" moms.



My one attempt at trying to be in a pic with the kids and Liam refused to be a part of the selfie-action. Oh well. I tried.















The morning we left, Kevin had to head out early, so I was a little nervous about getting all of our stuff packed up and down five flights but I had some help. No need to worry at all.

No comments: