Our Four Month Old


Addelyn is four months old now and is in the 97th percentile for weight and 83rd percentile for height. She is a healthy girl but we know better than to ever take her health for granted. We are so thankful for this precious girl and as a tribute to her four months I thought of a list of ways our lives have changed and the things we love.

1. We love that we get to start our day by saying 'goodmorning' to you and you quickly smile as big as your little cheeks will let you.
2. Daddy and I now walk around the house whistling, humming or yes, even singing songs to your toys such as "You Are My Sunshine" or "Head, Shoulders, Knees, and Toes..."
3. We love that you are a girl who knows what she wants. For instance the "no talking" rule while eating.
4. You love to to be close but still independent. There is no better place than in the pack looking out at the world around us.
5. Bentley can't wait for you to throw his ball for him and continues to place his ball by you every chance he gets.
6. We started the rice cereal a little early, but you couldn't be happier. You do a dance with your hands and feet in between spoonfuls and lunge forward for your next bite.
7. You roll over on your tummy constantly only to realize you really don't like it on your tummy but can't seem to figure out how to get back yet. 'The Turtle Affect'
8. We love to listen to you babble with such purpose, you know exactly what you are saying.
9. You have a great attention span for books and I love that I get to start sharing the books I've been collecting all these years, for my classroom, but really for you.
10. As tired as I may be and as crazy as it may seem, I lay beside you and can't wait for you to wake up for your 3 am feeding. Then I put you back to sleep again only to look forward to seeing your smiling face in the morning light.

2 comments:

Meg said...

#10 makes me cry it is so touching. Someday, if she gets to read that....she will feel so loved.

Jen said...

Darling pic Liss. Can you believe it has already been 4 months. We will have to get together soon. Take care.