preschool easter party

The day finally arrived that I got to help out in Addie's classroom! I have looked forward to this day for as long as I can remember and wished I had more opportunities to be in her classroom. What I loved most about my morning at PEP Preschool was...
  • getting called "teacher" again, but even better, getting called "Addie's Mom" 
  • helping those sweet kiddos with a craft (I got to help them make their bunny ears)
  • getting the honors of serving snack to Addie's snack table 
  • sitting at the head of a U-shaped table again (probably a silly teacher-thing)
  • knowing my baby girl was thrilled to have me there but secure enough to go off and play
  • singing songs and pushing her friends on the swings
  • most of all, I loved seeing my daughter be a good listener and kind to all of her friends at preschool
Yes, several times I had to wipe away some subtle tears of joy and pride for my daughter and the overwhelming feeling that the classroom is where I'm meant to be. How fun that for the first time the two briefly came together! I look forward to many more opportunities to be in my kids' classrooms and I am tremendously grateful to Kevin and for my job at Visions that allows me to put motherhood, first. This is my most favorite job of all. 
I just had to get a picture with her before we left, and that's when she decided it was a good time to have a mini-meltdown.  Kevin and I just looked at each other baffled. Oh our little emotional girl, we love you big! 
Doing an Easter version of the Chicken Dance.
Playing with Ainsley and Kaitlyn.
This is Jack. I've heard this little guys name quite a bit. At one point during the morning, Addie was at the table with me making bunny ears and Jack made a special point to say, "Hi Addie." Then he got the biggest bashful grin. It was so adorable! Later at the snack table, he broke out in a little song, singing her name! I did not expect this! Do I dare say this little guy has a crush on our girl?! Hee! Hee! 
Always happy on the swings!
Addie and a few others were the special bell-ringers for the day.
Addie and Bella were the first ones at the carpet. Bella's mom and I have become friends and Bella has a little brother named Liam too!
Easter egg hunt!
The teachers dyed REAL eggs for them!
At the snack table. It was funny how all the girls just happened to sit on one side and all the boys on the other. The little girl to the left, with the dark hair, is another friend I hear Addie talk about a lot. Her name is Lilly.



1 comment:

auntie pam said...

What afun day for mom and daughter! Glad you were able to enjoy the day. Addie is growing up fast. I'm glad she plays well with her friends and listens to her teacher. Good job Addie.