liam and the little blue truck

In a house full of pink, we are finding that Liam is fitting into most of the male stereotypes and has a natural inclination towards trucks, cars, tractors, trains, even Sister's pink doll jeep. What I love most is how he picks out his Little Blue Truck books (and a few other tractor books) and brings them to me to read. They are clearly his favorites. He gets so upset if I don't stop what I'm doing and read to him. So most of the time, I do just that. I stop what I'm doing and sit right where I am. Then he hands me the book, climbs into my lap and I read to my baby boy.

Today, I was doing the dishes and he kept coming down the hall and talking to me in his caveman language (love those sounds!). Then he would run to his rocking chair in his room. He did this a couple of times and while I acknowledged him, I kept doing the dishes. I think he finally gave up and when I looked over at him, he had climbed up in his rocking chair and was "reading" his Little Blue Truck books. 

No comments: