motherhood and career meet again

I have fallen in love with what I do for work. I get to go out to homeschooling families and serve as a resource. Don't get me wrong it's not always easy, but I have a majority of families that when I leave their home, I know beyond a shadow of a doubt their children are getting an amazing education. I also leave feeling tremendously inspired and better equipped to work with my own kids.

This has been my fourth year in this job position and over the years I've developed friendships with the mom's that I see every month. We've shared potty training stories, recipes, pregnancies (I had Liam within a week of one of my moms), and lots of laughter. 

This year I've put together a very informal and low-key Field-Trip-of-the-Month. My hopes are to provide my families with an opportunity to get some hands on learning and a chance to connect with others. I also bring Addie and Liam and I love that my kids get to meet my "students." Another benefit, my moms (and dads) get to see me as, well, a mom. Not just a credentialed teacher with a big laptop bag coming into their homes to "judge" what they've done for the last month. They get to see me as human. Addie and Liam make sure they do too!

So here was October's field trip...Impossible Acres! We had a great time and I'm looking forward to the next one!
Liam was absolutely terrified of most of the animals! We're going to have to work on that.
In the upper left picture, Liam is with Madde who was born a week after him. And in the picture below, Addie is sitting next to Daniel (on the right), who was born a month after her.
Love all these kiddos, especially those little red-headed ones!

No comments: