addie's letter to santa

Here's Addie's official letter to Santa for Christmas 2013. I think Santa was able to check everything off her list! 

Some of you may have read what I wrote on Facebook about being Santa, but I've learned it is so incredibly hard to stick to a budget and not be consumed with consumerism. One night I was feeling particularly anxious, thinking about all of the things we hadn't bought our kids and that's when Kevin reminded me that the best gift we can give our kids is to teach them that they can't have everything they want and to be grateful for what they do have. He is a smart man and in many ways the ying to my yang. I love him. 
She had just had her preschool program, thus the redolph-the-red-nosed-reindeer look.
Translation: Dear Santa, I want a scooter, a sewing machine (I know crazy, right?! She came up with that one all on her own.) and doll. I was a good girl this year. Love, Addie

No comments: