Busy Bees!

I know it's been a while since my last post and here's a little explanation...
Kevin redid a dresser that once was my mom's, then my parent's redid it for me as a little girl and now it's Addie girls!
We painted stripes in the baby's room! I'll have to keep you posted on our progress with the new nursery. We also moved a few things in and a few things out for a weekend garage sale!
Making room for our new family member! It's amazing how much junk you can acrue! I don't love garage sales and dickering with people but I did love the opportunity to meet many of our neighbors. We got invited over to dinner with an Indian family, that makes THE best smelling food! And we also met a nice Lebanese doctor and his wife, who also invited us over for dinner. There were several other nice neighbors we got to meet. Who knew we had so many nice neighbors?! I guess we kind of just stick to ourselves.

Our neighbor Susan, whom we do talk to often, asked if she could put these items out and we said sure! It cracked us up when Addie moved on in. We told our customers, "kid for sale!" Hee! Hee! She was so social to the all the people who came by. She'd say "Hey Guys!" and "Have a nice day!"
Santa bought me a sewing machine! I can't wait for my mom to get here to teach me a thing or two! And although I don't have any new pictures Kevin's been quite the brew master lately!
And Addie, well, she is officially wearing Big Girl Panties! (Except for at night.) We are so proud of her!
Nothing cuter than a little bum or "bunkey," as we call it in our family! It's what I grew up knowing it as and it cracks me up to hear my husband telling her to wipe her "bunkey!" Ha! Ha! Ha! We never even talked about it and somehow it just became a "bunkey."

4 comments:

kimsitski said...

Grammy knows that she is really missing you and your momma when she giggles and then tears start rolling while reading an update on your blog! I love all of the pics and yes it certainly looks like you have all been very busy getting ready for baby brother! Grammy wishes she lived closer so I could pinch that cute little bunky whenever I wanted to! Liss, I look very forward to helping you out with some sewing tips! I bet your aunties will have some tips to add also! hee!hee!

I love you all so much and can hardly wait to come visit!

auntie pam said...

How in the world did you get those stripes SO even in the baby boy's room? You've got to show me when I'm up this month. Maybe after I give you some sewing tips! Haha Grammy! Yeah little Miss Addie for wearing big girl panties! And your daddy is right, always wipe your bonkey! It's the right thing to do. Haha. Love you all! Can't wait to see you.

Dannika said...

Looks like you've fully embraced the nesting mode. ;)

I started sewing about a year & half ago... you're going to LOVE it! There's one blog I follow that I absolutely devour. Check out all the tutorials for girls & boys clothes. Plus there's probably going to be a lot of baby tutorials soon because she's due in a week or two with another little girl. The thing I love about her tutorials is how simple they are to follow. (Step-by-step with pictures galore.) Plus if you ever get stumped and have any questions you can email her and she's great about responding in a short time.

http://www.danamadeit.com ENJOY!! :)

Alissa Widmer said...

Bunky pinches for Grammy, straight line tips for Auntie Pam and much more! Can't wait for you guys to get here! And thank you so much Dannika for the blog. I'll definitely have to check that out!