blackberries

Often, I think Addie tends to take more after her dad, but the other day it got really quiet in our backyard. When I went to look for her, I found her grazing on the blackberries, Kevin had planted (yes, bought and PLANTED) on the side of our house. This couldn't be more like her mama as a kid! My mom and dad would look all over for me, only to find me out by the blueberry bushes just grazing away. 
In Oregon, blackberries are rampant and no one welcomes them in their backyard, so my dad and I would go down by the river and spend hours picking buckets and buckets of blackberries. (I'm sure I ate buckets and buckets too while picking.) We'd take them home to my mom so she could make yummy blackberry cobbler! And that's just what Addie and I did one evening! Except we got to pick them right in our own backyard!

1 comment:

auntie pam said...

Such a sweet memory! I know a lot of Addie's more obvious traits are similar to her papa, she definitely has traits like her momma! Her love for learning and books to name a couple more. And, if I remember swimming lessons with you, no fear of the water and a love for swimming.