the nursery

Last weekend someone asked me how old Liam was and I replied, "10 months." Then my heart sank as I thought about the change in months. In a matter of days my baby would be 11 months!

 Now as I write this my sweet Liam is officially 11 months! He's one month away from being a year old! It is so bitter sweet.

I realized that I've never posted pictures of his nursery all complete. So for the last 11 months this is where I've changed him, rocked him, sang, played and read to him. I love this room. To me, it is much more than just a room, it's a place that has been his since the day we bought this home. As much as I've talked about wanting to move, it will be so hard to say goodbye to the house on Potrero Circle someday. It is where I brought both of my babies home.
The saying on his wall couldn't be more true.
We kept the bed in here for guests and will keep it in there for as long as we can. Then it's the air mattress or couch! Sorry.
One of my favorite places in the house, where I get to rock my baby to sleep.
I love that many people have had a hand in his nursery. Kevin put up this closet where there was once a built in desk, my Mom and Aunt Jan helped buy his bedding, Auntie Pam bought the sweet giraffe that soothes him to sleep every night, Grandma Jody gave us Kevin's old baby shoes I used for decor, and even Addie made a decoration for Liam's room, with the help of Kim, our babysitter. 


No comments: