Why I'm Excited for Summer...

 Today I'm officially done with my teaching duties for the year, but my teaching will continue on! For those of you who know me, know aside from being a mom, my heart belongs in the Kindergarten/1st grade classroom. As you can imagine, I'm overjoyed that Addie has such a great desire to learn her alphabet, read books, and count! So...we are taking 26 days out of the summer to learn the 26 letters of the alphabet!
We've turned our office into a little classroom. Yes, complete with a classroom calendar too!
The bookshelf is loaded with books, stamps, playdough and more.
My book basket to kick off my summer's lesson plans. Some of the titles include: Andy Alligator, Bugs! Bugs! Bugs!, If You Give A Cat A Cupcake, and  Dilly Duckling.
A couple of months ago we cleared out our coat/shoe closet and Kevin made me shelves for my teaching files, crafts, and more!
I was so excited to get this in the mail from Amazon! Each day I'm going to hide the contents in Addie's sand table, so she has to find the letter of the day! I have so much more in store for her such as special snacks and field trips! Can't wait!!!

4 comments:

pam baker said...

How blessed to have the time to learn, grow, have fun and be together for the whole summer! What awesome memories you'll make together! Lucky Addie...Lucky mama and daddy!
The "classroom" looks great by the way.

Jen said...

Sounds like fun Liss. Are you taking more students ;o) Love it!!

Nic & Crystal Linnet said...

This is wonderful Alissa! You're homeschooling Addie! I love your 'classroom' too... You could start your own pre-school homeschool coop!

Alissa Widmer said...

Thank you Auntie Pam! Jen and Crystal, let's get our preschool coop started!?! Ha! Ha!