Hustle and Bustle

It's definitely the Christmas season and we've been busy soaking it all up. Here's some pics of what our holiday season has been filled with thus far!
Addie and Daddy catching the boat parade in downtown Suisun. We also had dinner, rode a train, and checked out the big Suisun City Christmas tree, which she refused to get a picture by. Sad Mama.

The annual boat parade, which ends with Santa who comes up from the last boat to light our city's Christmas tree. Not too bad for our little town.
Kevin has talked about these German Christmas Pyramids for years and finally a couple of years ago, he bought one.
Pretty impressed. Like father, like daughter, I guess.
This year we started the Elf on the Shelf tradition. Addie named our elf "Alk." We'll probably just call him "Al" down the road, but she was set on "Alk," so "Alk" it is! She's enjoying looking for him each morning.
And our advent calendar! I love this and used to do this for Kevin before Addie was here, now I get to see the joy in our little girl's eyes that I didn't exactly see in my husband's. Hee! Hee!
Addie seems to be going through a major no-picture phase. So I'm missing pictures of our night looking at the lights on Candy Cane Lane and a Christmas play we went to. Should I dare take her to sit on Santa's lap for a picture???

1 comment:

pam baker said...

Your house looks so festive and warm. I bought a teeny tiny pyramid when I was in Germany and Margo bought a small one too. Unfortunately a few years ago my little spinner wings were visited too closely by the flame of the candle. They are somewhat charred now. The one in the picture is way bigger than mine!
Fun traditions you are developing for your family. Thank you for sharing them.