our thoughtful girl

While we were busy packing the hospital bags, organizing the nursery and hanging up pictures, Addie discovered one of baby brother's new toys, his stuffed giraffe. I let her play with the giraffe for a little while, explaining that it was baby brother's but that he would share with her. After she started dragging him throughout the house and seemingly started forming an attachment to him, Kevin and I agreed we should put him away. 

She protested for a while and continued to whine for giraffe. Then I stopped and explained to her that baby brother didn't have very many animals and she had lots. I started naming them off. She stopped whining and left his room. A little later she came back in with her polar bear and sock monkey and placed them in his crib. 

This, as you can imagine, brought tears to my eyes and I gave her a big hug and asked if I could take pictures of her sharing. So these pictures are a little reenactment of a touching moment. Since then, I've been finding books, and other toys from her bedroom in his crib. So proud of our sweet girl!
Just have to remember to teach her not to put things in the crib when baby brother is in there! I also keep finding baby dolls covered up so well with blankies you can't see their faces. I'm working on that one too.

1 comment:

auntie pam said...

Sharing your toys with Baby Brother is a very good thing Addie! He's lucky he will have a big sister who is good at sharing! Love you Sweet Pea!