How's Addie Adjusting?

It seems the big question lately is...how's Addie adjusting? So I thought I'd make a post about just that.

She is so sweet to Liam but has a little trouble organizing and processing how much time I spend with him. Often we have conversations about what it means to be a family and that we all love each other. She seems to want to compartmentalize Liam's arrival by saying things like, "I love Daddy and Liam loves you." This makes me so sad that she thinks I can only love Liam, but she actually seems to be okay with it because she absolutely loves her Daddy and as cliche as the term is, she's the true definition of a "daddy's girl." I'm grateful they have such a great relationship. 

In fact, if there was ever a movie that I could watch more than once it's the Father of the Bride movies. They bring tears to my eyes EVERYTIME! I see Addie and Kevin with the same tender and sentimental relationship as Annie and George. And in many ways I have memories and moments with my own Dad that remind me of these movies.

Anyways, here's a little video of just how sweet Addie is while holding Liam for the first time in the hospital. As I say in the video, I love to hear her say his name and that was one of the reasons I was sold on the name Liam. (Just remember to hit pause on the music to the right.)

During the week after Liam was born it was one of our most rainy weeks here in California. So Addie did some entertaining by throwing us a hat party, made her own pizza one night for dinner (did you know Papa Murphy's has make-your-own pizza kits for kids?!), and when the sun came out she did some gardening with her Daddy and took a "bath" in the dog's water dish. 
Another tricky part has been when Kevin holds Liam. The other day she woke up from her nap and found this...
She immediately came to get me and said, "You need to hold your baby Mama?" She was completely distraught. We explained to her that the baby is all of ours and we can all hold him. Quickly after, we took this picture...

No comments: