26

Oh how do I begin to blog about our everyday, cozy life without acknowledging the horrific tragedy that took place? As a teacher and a mother, I felt much emotion about this event. I've replayed scenarios  of how I could've protected my Kindergarten students in my old classroom, I've thought much about the shooting that took place my senior year at the neighboring high school and of course I've thought tremendously about how to protect my babies from EVER encountering such a terrifying event. It can be debilitating and I know that I cannot be a mother who lives in fear. I read a quote recently "fear does not stop death...it stops life." 
So with that, I pledge not to live in fear but to be an advocate for solutions, so that these acts of evil do not continue. I pledge to remember those sweet babies who lost their lives and I pledge to make 26 acts of kindness in honor of their lives. 

No comments: