Girls' Slumber Party

Well that was the plan at least. Kevin was gone for a trade show in Redding and everytime he's gone I realize how comforting it is to have him next to me at night. (Even if he wakes me up half dozen times.) So I thought why not let Addie sleep with me, as a special treat when Daddy's gone. Ummm, here's how it went...

Addie: Whoa, it's dark in here.
Me: Yes, it's night time. Now go to sleep.
Addie: (In a whisper voice as she's stroking my face and giving me kisses.) You okay Mama? Mama sleepin'.
Me: I'm okay, Mama is sleeping. If you don't go to sleep too, you're going to have to go back into your own bed.
Addie: More water Mama? Where's elephant?

After about an hour of this and lots of wallering all over me (now five after ten) I took her into her own room, where she fell fast asleep right away. Just too exciting sleeping with Mama I guess. We'll have to try when she's a little bit older.

2 comments:

pam baker said...

What a sweet picture! I love it! And a very sweet story. I can't wait to see you all! Love a love a you!

kimsitski said...

Precious pic of Momma & Baby Girl! It won't be long before the "girls slumber parties" will be nights that you will both look forward to & cherish always! Grammy/Mom loves you both so so much!