So Pretty

Last night, after we got home from dinner with friends, Kevin and I were in our bedroom changing into pajamas for the night, when we noticed Addie wasn't in the room with us and it was awfully quiet. So I went looking for her and before I turned the corner into our entry way she says very proudly, "I pretty Mama!?!" There she was with my mascara, she had found in my purse. Thankfully she missed her eye lashes or any where close to her eyes.

There's a little more to this story though. Every now and then I'll touch up my makeup in the parking lot before we go into where ever it is we our going. Addie watches me quietly in the rear view mirror and then says so genuinely, "So pretty Mama!" I don't know where she gets this from, but every time she says it I'm so touched. It takes everything in me not to cry and smear my newly touched-up makeup.

So...yes, Addie Ann you are so pretty, on the outside and on the inside too, where it matters most. And of course with or without makeup. We love you so much!

1 comment:

kimsitski said...

Addie Ann! Grammy loves you so much! Grammy also agrees with you - Yes, your momma is so pretty! She is also smart & wise. She will be continually teaching you why it is so important to be pretty on the inside! When you one day understand this lifelong lesson, you will also understand why your momma is so beautiful!