g is for garden


I found a really cute toddler pack on gardens for Addie. Here is the link. Below is a picture of her doing a vegetable/flower sort. It created all kinds of conversation about what the difference between the two is. We also read one of my favorite children's books, Muncha! Muncha! Muncha! a story about some bunnies eating a man's garden. 
One of the things I think I could work on more with her is comprehension. Often times I read her books and then set it down and move on. There is so much more I could do with her, such as...What happened in that story? Who was in that story? Did you like that story? What would you have done if you were ______? So that is what I worked on most with her today and hope to continue to remember the importance of not just reading books but talking about them too.


1 comment:

auntie pam said...

Your instinct about working on comprehension is so right! That really is the next step with Addie. Great posts! Love seeing them and catching up with you through them.