P is for...

We were so busy with letter P! We read two books on penguins and did a fun fingerprint activity. Each page had a sentence such as, "Two little penguins diving in the water." So Addie would put two fingerprints in the water and I would add the beak and feet (love the black ink mustache in the picture). We also did another penguin counting activity and then we got ready to have some lunch. Addie earned a free pizza from our library, so we took advantage of her coupon! Later that night I made pesto chicken pasta and a peach pie! I love my pesto chicken pasta and concocted the recipe when I first moved in with Kevin. It's been on the dinner rotation ever since. It's super easy and I thought I'd share the recipe, so here it is...

1 bag/box of penne pasta (I love Trader Joe's organic whole wheat penne pasta.)
2 chicken breasts
1 7ounce container of pesto
3/4 cup of olives
1/2 cup of sundried tomatoes
1/4 cup of pine nuts
butter
garlic powder
parmasean cheese

I boil up the noodles, while the chicken (lighted seasoned with garlic powder) is being grilled on the bar-b-q. Then I chop olives and sundried tomatoes. Next I sautee the pine nuts in a little butter, just until they're a light brown. And after dicing up the chicken I mix it all together with the pesto and serve with parmasean cheese on top!

1 comment:

pam baker said...

And of course you remembered Auntie Pam on P day! Thank you for sharing your Pesto Pasta recipe Lis. Can't wait to try it. Peace:)