Update on saying goodbye to paci

After about forty-five minutes of pitiful crying, I got her out of her crib and we skipped a nap all together. Then we got ready to go to her two year well-check up (which I'll post about later) and she kept talking about pacis for baby "Ainen." I grabbed the birth announcement off of the fridge and explained to her once again. She clutched the picture and held it all of the way to her doctors appointment saying, "pooooor baby Ainen." Too sweet.

That night Kevin and I got her ready for bed and gave her lots of praise for being a big girl. We put her down in her crib and listened to her sing, read books, and jabber for about the thirty minutes and then she was out! Not a single tear! I so wanted to sneak in there and take a picture but I was too scared to wake her. So I took a picture this morning.
So proud of our baby girl, who is jabbering away right now in her crib and I'm hoping she'll be asleep in a few minutes for her first nap without paci.

2 comments:

pam baker said...

Oh Addie! You are doing such a good job being a big girl and going to sleep with your new pig pillow and turtle light! I am proud of you. Keep up the good work. Love a love a you!

Nic & Crystal Linnet said...

You are such a big girl Addie! And very compassionate to help out baby Aiden. You're awesome young lady!